Choosing great new windows can be a difficult and slightly scary new process for you. It can also be a bit difficult to determine what truly makes up a great window. As a matter of fact, there are quite a few things that make up the perfect window and that is what we have outlined for you below.
- Frame: Having a great, strong frame is perfect for a home, as it will hold up in even the worst of weather. This being said, the weather in New England can be quite violently changing, from humidity and heat one day, to wind and snow a week later. Rain comes at a random time, and because of all of these reasons, it is important to make sure that the frame, which acts as a base, is perfect for your home.
- Air Infiltration: When getting new windows, it is important to make sure they have weather stripping. This holds up to dirt and dust extremely well and ensures that your home is safe from weather.
- Glass: Making sure that the glass is efficient is extremely important. This being said, a clear glass needs a good protective coat to ensure it is as efficient as possible.
- Ratings: Checking the ratings is important because sometimes it is beneficial to know other’s experiences with the same product.
- Value: You will want to check to see how the product performs in the long run. If you are making this kind of investment, you will want to know what the value of the windows truly is.
At Three Sons Window & Door, we offer some of the best window services in all of New England. If you need new windows or need a professional to take a look at your windows, feel free to contact us by filling out our contact form or by calling us at 781-899-6353.